Sunday, March 10, 2013

howdy

Hi.

I'm kind of tickled to be starting this journey as a blogger. I don't mean to be a 'Negative Nancy' right off the bat, but I really don't like the word 'blog' or 'blogger'. I can't seem to come up with something clever to replace it right now, but I'll work on that. I love words and I'm sure we can figure out something more appropriate and less offensive to the tongue and ears.

I also don't like office parks or care much for strip malls, but that's neither here nor there. But that's all the things I really don't like. To sum: the word 'blog', office parks, and strip malls. So glad to get that out of the way because there are so many things I do like and admire.

I am married and have three children. Ta-dah! I work outside the home and I'm in my mid-thirty's trying to not live a cliche (like starting a blog in your mid-thirty's), but doing so in many ways and fluctuating between being okay with that and striking out. I love Jesus. I love my husband, Elliot. I love our three children. I love the city we live in, Minneapolis. I love our neighborhood and our neighbors. Life is good and God is even better.

I am passionate about many things. I am a tad serious, but think I have a pretty good sense of humor--so I figure they balance each other out. I like real things. I work for a 'famous American designer' as a rep for one of his lines and I generally like my job--I'm good at it and for the most part we like what we're good at, don't we?

I feel I should state the reason I want to 'blog'. I, like so many, many others, think I have something of value to share and say. I want to do more in my life--I want my work/words to have meaning. So we'll just see about that.

~leah

p.s. Hi, mom.

3 comments:

  1. I had to laugh because I hate those words too!!! I never call myselfd a blogger I just say, " I have a blog." but yes...it's ugly :)

    But even thought the words are perfect blgging has become an important part of my life & I hope that as you take this journey you will be blessed by it! Yay Leah! Starting is the hardest part & you can check that off the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love reading blogs. Maybe I'll even get motivated enough to post on my own more than once a year!

    ReplyDelete