Thursday, March 28, 2013

reminded

i wrote this actually april 18, 2011 and was reminded of it as i was driving back from sioux falls yesterday...i think the sunlight during this time of year is so hopeful and brought me back to this.

a couple of sundays ago, i went to fill up my car before heading off to work in the wee hours. frost was still on the back window and knowing that the sun promised to be strong that day, i didn't bother scraping it off. instead i wrote on the window through the frost with my finger 'Jesus loves you!' as i waited for the tank to fill. i felt a little cheesy, but i also knew that i'd been called to be more bold.

i just knew that someone, as i drove along, needed to see that affirmation, know that truth--that in the relatively small time that the message would be able to be read through the frost--before it disappeared/melted--someone who desperately needed to know that, be reminded of that,would read those words on the back window of my little vw wagon. God would use such a small, small gift of obedience. i was sure.

pleased with it and trusting that i was being an instrument of love, glorifying God through my listening to the Spirit, i climbed into my car. as a peered into my rearview mirror, do you know what i saw? emblazened with the morning sun were the thos words i had just written: Jesus loves you! i was completely caught off guard on how they completely startled my heart. i sobbed. i was the person who needed to read them. i was the person who needed affirmation, who needed reminding. i desperately needed to know that again...in my heart.

wow.

God chuckled lovingly as i drove along. sweet girl, he said. i've given you all the tools to know me, to really know me. i just need your heart again. i was humbled so.

2 comments:

  1. So amazing. Made me tear up. God's love for us is so deep, I don't think we will ever comprehend it! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete